Julian Leeser MP, Federal Member for Berowra, today called for local community organisations to apply for the Coalition Government’s 2018 round of the Stronger Communities Programme grants.
“After the enormous success of last year, when we gave $150,0000 worth of grants to the Berowra Bush Fire Brigade, several Scout groups, P&Cs, youth clubs, sports clubs, and other community groups, expressions of interests for this year’s round of grants is now open.” Mr Leeser said.
“These organisations are the social fabric of the Berowra electorate. They are where children first meet their peers, where young people compete on the sports field and where families come together to foster new skills, spiritual growth and networks of support.
“This programme funds small capital projects designed to deliver social benefits in our local community. Between $2500 to $20,000 in Commonwealth funding is available for each project.”
To be eligible for a grant:
- Your organisation must be a not for profit; local government agency or body; or a trustee on behalf of a property trust with responsibility for a community asset.
- You must have an ABN and be an incorporated entity.
- If your organisation is not incorporated, you must find a parent organisation that is an incorporated entity, e.g. a local council, to apply on your behalf.
- Your project must deliver social benefits to our community and be scheduled to be completed by 30 June 2019.
- Grant funding will be up to 50 per cent of eligible project costs. Applicants must match funding for the project, in cash or in-kind.
Examples of eligible projects include upgrades or fit-outs of community centres; sporting facility upgrades; purchase of equipment for local SES; upgrade of park furniture; BBQs. Projects on school grounds or involving school property must deliver benefits to the broader community.
Further details on eligibility criteria and how to apply are available at www.business.gov.au/scp
To apply, please submit an expression of interest (EOI) to Julian Leeser’s office before 5pm Sunday 26 August 2018. Email your EOI to [email protected].
EOIs will be assessed by an independent consultation committee of local representatives. If your EOI is successful, you will be invited to complete a full application form on the Stronger Communities Programme website, due by Thursday 11 October 2018. The Department of Industry, Innovation and Science will conduct a final check that the project meets all eligibility criteria before any funds are granted.
For more information contact Daniel Dummer at [email protected] or on 9980 1822.