Disaster assistance is now available to communities heavily impacted by recent storms and flooding.
The Federal Government has today announced this assistance is available for Hornsby and The Hills local government areas.
“The savage storms that ripped through our community at the weekend have had a huge impact on many people and businesses. This funding will assist our community with the recovery effort,” said Julian Leeser MP.
Assistance available under the DRFA may include:
- support for affected local councils to help with the costs of cleaning up and restoring damaged essential public assets
- concessional interest rate loans for small businesses, primary producers and non-profit organisations
- help for eligible people whose homes or belongings have been damaged and are uninsured
- freight subsidies for primary producers, and
- grants to eligible non-profit organisations
Assistance is being provided through the jointly funded Commonwealth-State Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangements (DRFA).
If you are uninsured and have low income, for information on personal hardship and distress assistance, please contact the Disaster Welfare Assistance Line on 1800 018 444. To apply for a concessional loan or grant, contact the NSW Rural Assistance Authority on 1800 678 593 or visit www.raa.nsw.gov.au
Further information on disaster assistance is available on the Australian Government’s Disaster Assist website at www.disasterassist.gov.au and the NSW emergency information and response website at www.emergency.nsw.gov.au